You Are In

  • Life Goals
  • Day To Day Banking
  • Digital Services
  • Promotions
  • Help & Support
  • Quicklinks

Are there any other requirements for transfer money to overseas?

For resident payment in foreign currency to another resident in compliance with Notice 4 of Bank Negara Malaysia (“BNM”) Foreign Exchange Notices for the following purposes:


  • Payment between Immediate Family Members (i.e. legal spouse, parent, legitimate sibling, or legitimate child [including legally adopted]) for any purposes;
  • Education, employment overseas or migration to overseas (outside Malaysia);
  • A transaction between the resident and a Licensed Onshore Bank (i.e. a licensed bank or a licensed investment bank under the Financial Services Act 2013 and a licensed Islamic bank under the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013), a licensed international takaful operator or an international currency business unit of a licensed takaful operator in the conduct of the latter’s business involving foreign currency;
  • The settlement of a commodity murabahah transaction between residents undertaken through a resident commodity trading service provider; and
  • The settlement of a foreign currency-denominated derivative (excluding an Exchange Rate Derivatives) transacted on a Specified Exchange1 under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 (Act 671) between a residents and a resident futures broker.



1Refer to Directive on the List of Specified Exchanges under the Trading Participants’ Directive and Guidance in the website of Bursa Malaysia.

Looking for More Questions?