Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
(If you are reading this Privacy Notice on behalf of a body corporate/business enterprise which maintains/maintained contractual relationship with CIMB, this Privacy Statement is intended to be addressed to, without limitation, the individual officers (e.g. authorised signatories/dealer and company secretary), directors, shareholders, beneficial owners (e.g. sole proprietor and partners), guarantor or obligor of the body corporate/business enterprise (the “Relevant Individuals”) and “you” shall be construed accordingly to mean the Relevant Individuals).
At CIMB Group, we value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information in compliance with the laws of Malaysia.
Pursuant thereto, this Privacy Notice is designed to explain and elaborate upon some of our policies and principles pertaining to the privacy of your personal information, all of which we have adopted as a sign of our commitment to respecting, maintaining, protecting and safeguarding the privacy of your personal information.
CIMB Group will only collect, record, hold, use, disclose and store (i.e. "process") use your personal information in accordance with such laws (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and other applicable data protection or privacy laws regulations), this Privacy Notice and the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with any CIMB Group entity that you may have contracted with.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- The type of personal information we collect and how we collect it
- How we use your personal information
- The parties that we disclose the personal information to
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal information
Your privacy matters to us, so please take the time to get to know our practices and if you need further information, please contact our Call Centre representatives at +603 6204 7788.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- “CIMB Group” refers to CIMB Group Holdings Berhad and all its related companies, as defined in section 7 of the Companies Act 2016 and jointly controlled companies, providing financial and other regulated services, excluding companies, branches, offices and other forms of presence operating outside of Malaysia unless and to the extent otherwise stated.
- “Personal information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This information includes your name, address, occupation, contact details, the details of your account(s), the type of products and/or services subscribed to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) with us. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable only if you are an individual.